Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Scratch Game Design


User experience influenced my game because I wanted the player to be interested in the game and that they would experience what a mouse experiences when it's getting chased by a cat,because though it wants to get away its limited to its space. I've done coding before and it seems really fun and all but sometimes it can be challenging. When I see other people's game i'm very impressed especially since it's code, because it comes naturally to them.

Each game so far has been similar because it's either running from something, or it's chasing something. With my scratch game the player is the mouse and the player needs to get away from the cat. So every time the cat gets the mouse it says "dang"and loses 1 point,but if the mouse stays away from the cat long enough the mouse earns a point and every so often the background changes because in reality the cat chases the mouse where ever it goes even if the mouse goes to the park. To me this game is as simple as I can keep it. With my second game it's known as a platform game I kept it as simple as I could and it is simple but there is some glitches. My platform game is basically your ordinary monkey goes after banana. So with my platform game the monkey has to get the banana twice, but unfortunately the monkey can only get the banana once due to glitches and other stuff.

My best code for me would be the code that I wrote for my chase game. To some people my code may seem simple and easy,but for me this is my best by far and hopefully when I get more familiar with code I will have more challenging codes. My most difficult bugs were the ones in my platform game, though I haven't quit overcame this certain bug fix. So I guess another bug fix would be how my chase game and so the difficult bug fix that I overcame for my chase game is that the cat would be going directly at the move and it didn't quit "chase" the mouse,so with the help of the internet and Mr.Sanderl, I overcame that bug fix and my game works smoothly.
best code

















10 comments:

  1. I like the way that your mouse moves very smoothly.
    It looks like you timer was going up instead of going down so I suggjet you fix that so that when the timer ends, the player will know wether they lost or if the have win the game.
    I like the way that every so often your background changes to a different one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your game Daileen! I really like how your game keeps my interest and everything really works well together, it's really cool that whenever the cat catch the mouse the mouse says "dang" and I also like how the background changes it really keeps a player's interest! One thing that could be improved in my opinion is possibly have some sort of finish when the timer gets to 60,maybe have some speech bubbles saying"Yes! Thank you for helping me defeat the evil cat" or "Oops try again!" Or maybe change the costumes at the end to add even more interest. Great job on your game I also really like how the sprites move very smoothly and the sprites that are used make sense because cats do chase mice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your game a lot! Next time try and make the cat slower. Great job on the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the game, its a very nice challenge its cool how the background changes every few seconds. Although, it would be nice but it would be nice for the mouse to say something if you lose. Keep up all the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Daileen, I really like your idea of a cat chasing a mouse because it makes sense for a cat to chase a mouse.
    However, I think that you should use the wait one second block after you have touched the mouse because thats why the cat is a bit glitchy when it touches the mouse.
    I think your game is really good though keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the platformer has only a limited amount of platforms making it harder and I also like the changing background. But the jumping is kind of a pain

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the game. you should probably add some more platforms. love the sprites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you made a monkey go for a banana to get to the next level. However, you could have added more platforms and have made your movement a little smoother. I like the creativity of your game though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you made it so that every so often the background of your chase game changes, it feels like a whole new level! Something I noticed about your game, though, is that the directions weren't super clear - it didn't tell us how to move, or how to get the objective. Your movement in your chase game is also very smooth, and I overall think you did a really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For your platformer, I enjoyed the matching sprites of monkey and banana. However, I found it impossible to win when the platforms end at the first banana, and the slow gravity kicks in when I'm not touching the platforms. But, the speed your platforms go at is very smooth and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete