Friday, November 14, 2014

VisualPoem


BartonD VisualPoem from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.


My poem is about Cultural Relation and how two different places can be so alike. The impact that my visuals have is showing how two different cultures dress and how beautiful the places are and alike. Another impact that my visuals have is making you feel like you have experienced the culture. The visuals I have for my poem is my old hula group, the thai festival called Loi Katong, some pictures of hula concerts, and tahitian costumes.

The special effects I used was ken burns and different transitions. Some of the kens burn effect show how the thai people wear gold on their heads and hands. So with some images you get a close up. The overall meaning is that its suppose to grab you're attention and show how the cultures are alike, but somewhat different.

I kind of am satisfied with my results because I showed the two cultures that I have experienced and got to share it with everyone. But I could have made it better by trying to get either photos or video of turtles, a dragon statue, Thailand, and Tahiti because I only had pictures of hula, Tahitian, and the thai festival.

22 comments:

  1. good b-roll
    some picture were blury
    nice voice overs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compliment: applicable B-roll
    Criticism: Repetitive B-roll
    Compliment:IDK

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem was really creative, and about an interesting topic
    The pictures looked stretched
    The shots were very cool, and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good B-Roll.
    Some of the pictures were blurry.
    Good audio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the audio.
    The b-roll could have been more high quality.
    I like the different photos you had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good loud voice
    maybe make high quality
    good b roll

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great audio your voice was really clear.
    You might have wanted to transform your pictures a little better.
    Great use of the Ken Burns effect it really helped make your visual poem more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Compliments:The b-roll was unique to your family
    Area of Improvement:The pic was stretched
    Compliment:The poem was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked how you compared certain things in the poem.
    I think your visuals could have been taken better.
    Other than that your visual poem was great and I liked the poem itself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. clear audio
    blurry on a lot of shots
    good job

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked your poem.
    I think that you should use some video in it.
    Really nice usage of the ken burn's effect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your B-roll.
    One thing that could be better is the speed of your reading.
    I really like the content of your A-roll.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pictures were nice with the Kens Burns effect.
    The b-roll didn't match the a-roll in my opinion
    All the imagery was a lot to take in, but it was nice

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice pictures of the people in costumes
    really blurry
    nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your b-roll.
    I think one thing that could be better is for your reading to go a little faster.
    I also like how clear you talked.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like your poem but it was a little confusing what it was actually about. Great b-roll of the past photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like how your b-roll
    You have lots of pictures and not much video
    I like the imagery of thailand

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked how you had pictures of when you were little.
    The pictures were kinda blurry and kinda stretched out.
    Really good audio.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice voice over
    The were not a variety of clips.[mostly dancers]-[some blurry]
    Over all the images looked great

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the pictures, they went with what you were saying
    Needed to read it slower
    i liked it overall

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your poem is good. Some of the pictures are blurry or hard to see

    ReplyDelete