Friday, September 18, 2015

Comedy Writing

Has anyone ever told you,you have a great sense of humor? Sometimes people tell me that,but not a lot. If you have a great sense of humor you are always positive and happy and cheerful. It all depends on how the day is. So why is sense of humor an important trait?, I feel its an important trait, because when you are funny you tend to make other peoples days better. For example if someone is all sad because a family member died, you could be funny and make that person feel like that person never left, they just became their guardian angel. I can really relate to that example because when my grandmother passed on Valentines, one of my many uncles said at least grandma and grandpa are together,he is probably walking her to the heaven gate right now. But having sense of humor is a great character trait to have.

How to write a humorous narrative. Well for starters,your asking the wrong person,just kidding I do know how to write a humorous narrative. Number one, its all in the voice. When telling a joke,you need to have a straight face and a professional voice. You can't giggle or chuckle in between telling your joke. Number two,comparing your joke becomes your best friend. Comparing jokes are the easiest, because there can be unexpected metaphors. Also comedy is really hard, so this is your next best option. Number three, if you say something that you think isn't funny,but its funny to your friends, write it down so you can remember it for something else, its called stealing from yourself. Number four, do you love surprises, well thats tip number four. Humor is all in the surprise,it needs to be unexpected for it to be funny. Finally number five humor isn't for everyone, it depends on who the person your telling the joke to is. So always remember humor isn't for everyone.

My comedic monologue is about me putting cake on my priest face. It's funny because normally you don't expect people to put cake on a person, who runs a church, especially on church grounds. But technically the priest started it, I just finished it. But to be honest, my priest still acts like he is a teenager,which is sometimes fun,but not always. So I think my monologue is funny because, I'm a 13 year old girl, putting cake frosting on her priest face, when other people are around. Also I think it's funny because it all started with a little 1 year getting frosting on her face, and then it comes to a 13 year old,and ends with the priest, who is in his 30's. But anyway,thats why I think my monologue is funny. Tell me what you think, when I post the video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment