Friday, September 4, 2015

Motivational Poster


There are a lot of projects this year, but for now this project is our Motivational Poster. The requirements for our motivational posters are for all our layers we must have a total of 4 images, 3 in which symbols that represent us and 1 portrait image of ourself. For our text layer, we must have a total of 2 text layers; one is our manifesto and the other is our personal quotes. The expectations for our design is all text must be kerned, so it can fit across the entire page, they must not be any blank spaces or holes. Another expectation is that we must have a triadic color scheme meaning 1 dominant and 2 harmonious accent colors. Also blending options for text,we can't forget those, so we needed drop shadow,stroke, outer glow, bevel, and emboss. Our final requirement is adjustment layers for our images, our main requirement for this is the color balance, other things like levels,curves, and exposure were optional.

So the first step to creating this motivational poster is thinking of personal quotes and your own manifesto. It is also about thinking what symbols represent you, oh and I almost forgot you also need a picture of yourself (Selfie). The second step is to upload your pictures into your computer, third is to create a file in photoshop. So first you can start with either your personal quotes or manifesto, its your choice. Also maybe type your personal quotes or manifesto on a google document before typing it in photoshop because photoshop doesn't have auto-correct. After this you can arrange your personal quotes or manifesto whatever way you prefer, I just chose to put my personal quotes on top and my manifesto on the bottom. Once you have your words arrange, you have to kern your words so its looks amazing, you can look on the internet to see how other people kerned their manifestos. After this you open up your photos into photoshop,then use the move tool to drag and drop you images onto the same document with your words. Turn off your words and arrange your pictures to your style. Also if you need to arrange the image size remember to hold down shift, so your image doesn't look wonky. Lastly you add effects to your words and images, to make the image look great, you must have color balance, its where you have 1 dominant and 2 harmonious accent colors. So after all this is done, you should have an amazing poster. Have fun in making this.

My biggest challenge was kerning the words perfectly. I tried everything,I resized the words, re-kerned the words over and over, but somehow I wasn't able to make my words go from one end of the page to the other. How I would improve this is probably to think of more words, but I wasn't able to think of anything else. So I worked with what I had,I kept resizing, re-kerning, and then I just did the best I could do, with what I had. So i guess that was just my biggest challenge, it was the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment